On 24th January VCCP Health attended the 34th annual Pharmaceutical Marketing Society awards; one of the largest in the industry with around 900 attendees.
The PM Awards recognise creativity, impact and innovation within pharma, biotech and healthcare industry communications. The judging process is unique involving agency Creative Directors, a panel of 200 primary and secondary care HCPs and pharma industry executives.
This year there were over 400 entries with 21 agencies and 30 pharma or healthcare companies picking up an award. The VCCP Health team with clients were delighted to win 11 awards. This included 4 golds and a silver for the pan-european campaign for heart valve Inspiris Resilia for Edwards Lifesciences, 2 golds and best in show for corporate work for Teva Global, and two silvers and a bronze for HCP and patient education campaigns for Leo Pharma UK.
The best in show award went to VCCP Health’s film for Teva ‘Hairspray’ , which captures the lengths that caregivers go to for those they love. Oliver Caporn, Head Judge described the film as ‘An emotional, well written, beautifully cast and directed film, not just for pharma but by any standards.”
Beverley Newbury, Managing Director, VCCP Health said, ‘The standard of work was incredibly high this year across every category. We’re extremely proud to be recognised not only by our creative peers, but also the industry at large. Great work comes from great client collaborations and we’d like to thank our clients at Edwards, Teva and Leo for helping us make this work a reality.’
A full list of the VCCP Health award wins are below:
- Primary care advertisement target award: Bronze Leo Ants
- Primary care advertisement craft award: Silver Leo Ants
- Corporate and internal comms target award: Gold Teva Life Effects
- Secondary care advertisement craft award: Gold Edwards Storks Grandad
- Secondary care advertisement craft award: Silver Edwards Storks Music Room
- Advertising campaign craft award: Gold Edwards Storks
- Mixed media campaign craft award: Gold Edwards Storks
- Film and animation HCPs craft award: Gold Edwards Storks
- Film and animation patients craft award: Gold Teva Hairspray
- Film and animation patients craft award: Silver Leo Threads
- Best of show: Teva Hairspray