Once upon a noughties, four people sat around Charles Vallance’s kitchen table and made a pact to start an agency that challenged everything. With the founding principles of simplicity, collaboration, un-preciousness, and integration around ideas, VCCP was born. On that very day, at that very table.
A few hundred employees later, we continue to search for people with just one important characteristic; a passion for challenging everything in the pursuit of the brilliant. If that sounds like you, no matter who you are, what experience you have or where you’re from, there could well be a chair at the table for you.
Applications are now OPEN for The Table.
Our entry level programme for those looking to kick start their career in advertising. The form can be found here.
The Table is a non rotational scheme that is a year long. If successful, you'll be placed in a team in the VCCP London office for a year and gain experience in what it’s like to work with some of the biggest brands in the world. The teams could be within Account Management, Planning, Social & Influence, New Business, Media or Creative Production departments.
You may be thinking… what is account management? And what on earth could new business mean… Here is an overview for you!
- Account Management - If you’re the organiser of the group, this department may be for you! Account management are the glue in an agency who are across everything and are responsible for managing the client-agency relationship. They oversee a brief from start to finish to ensure the client’s needs and the brief are being hit at every stage; from the strategy to the creative idea, to the final product.
- Creative Production - Responsible for turning an idea into a reality, creative production work with photographers, directors, musicians - anyone who can produce brilliant work that forms part of a client’s campaign brief. Girl&Bear are the ‘makers’ (our production team) here at VCCP. If you’re a creative problem solver, and like making any idea big or small come to life, this department may suit you.
- CX - CX (customer experience) bridge the gap between digital strategy and digital experiences for consumers. At VCCP, Bernadette are responsible for all things CX, from developing apps and websites to creating innovative and breakthrough products and services. If you’re practical, like getting things done and keeping up to date with the latest digital trends, Bernadette is the place for you!
- Media - Media are responsible for building strategies to maximise the impact of campaigns across a range of platforms. You’ll learn about different media channels and help select the most effective ones for each campaign. If you’re an analytical thinker, Media may suit you.
- New Business - Also known as New Biz, this team are responsible for bringing in new clients (i.e. new business!), or expanding part of an existing client’s business. They’re involved in competitive tenders and pitches and manage the process with a pitch team made up of individuals from across the partnership. If you thrive in a fast-paced role and enjoy collaborating with lots of different people and working on varied projects all at once, new biz has your name on it!
- Planning - Also known as strategists, planners lead on creating the strategy behind a brief. They gather and analyse information to develop the strategy and are always keeping up to date with the latest market news and trends. If you’re inquisitive, a thinker and like discovering why people behave the way they do, planning will be up your street.
- Social & Influence - The social gurus of the business, the S&I team are responsible for coming up with the strategic concepts on a social brief through to creating the content for clients on a daily basis. If you’re a social native, love learning about and testing out new features and discovering new social channels, a role in the Social & Influence team could be right for you.
- PR (Good Relations) - If you love the media and fancy populating culture with earned ideas - PR is right up your street. Good Relations, our earned agency, specialises in traditional PR and social content. The scope is huge - from consumer brand launches, media relations, corporate reputation management, crisis & issues, content development to influencer marketing! Its entry level applications open Monday 19th December.
So, if you’re looking to secure your first job in advertising and think any of the above roles float your boat, apply here for a chance to pull up a chair at our Table.
If you are specifically interested in PR, the Good Relations application form can be found here.
Applications close Monday 27th March 2023.
Please contact us on email@example.com for any questions.
I firmly believe the Table is one of the best ways to enter the advertising industry. You get to learn so much in such a short period of time and there's a real focus on personal development. From day one, VCCP has proven to be an incredibly inspiring and friendly environment to be a part of. Percy Fagent, Account Executive, VCCP (Tabler - 2021/2022)